Monica Wilburn, Attorney at Law
Attorney Monica Wilburn received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in both Political Science and Sociology from University of California, at Riverside, in 1995. After graduation she worked at a domestic violence shelter as a Children’s Counselor and then as the Office Administrator for all four of their facilities for three years. Subsequently, she became a grant writer for The Los Angeles Foodbank, located in Long Beach, California. She continued to work with this non-profit organization, even while attending law school, until 2001 when she took a clerkship position at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office handling their preliminary hearings. In 2002, she earned the Juris Doctorate from Southwestern University of Law, located in Los Angeles, California.
In 2003, Monica took an associates position at the Law Offices of Hayford and Felchlin, in downtown Los Angeles, where she excelled as a workers’ compensation defense attorney for schools and large corporations. She then transitioned to the Law Offices of Bagby, Gajdos and Zachary. Ms. Wilburn participated in litigating workers’ compensation cases and civil cases at all levels, including the Court of Appeals and the California Supreme Court.
Monica’s husband is in the military and in 2007, Monica and her family relocated to Warner Robins, Georgia after a short stay in Hawaii pursuant to military orders. Monica became a member of the Georgia State Bar in 2007 and is currently a member of both the Georgia and California State Bar Associations.
Monica Wilburn specializes in all bodily injury cases including auto accidents, trucking accidents, medical malpractice cases, slip and fall accidents, wrongful death cases, social security disability and workers’ compensation. Monica Wilburn also specializes in family law, criminal defense and general civil litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Southwestern University School of Law
- Los Angeles, California – May 2002 Juris Doctorate
- University of California at Riverside
- Bachelors of Arts – Political Science (1995)
- Bachelors of Arts – Sociology (1995)
- Rockefeller Law Center – Family Law, Bodily Injury and Criminal Defense – 2008-2011
- Law Office of Monica Wilburn – Family Law and Bodily Injury 2007-2008
- Law Offices of Bagby, Gajdos and Zachary – Workers Compensation Defense – 2005-2007
- Law Offices of Hayford and Felchlin – Workers Compensation Defense – 2002-2005