Knowledgeable Warner Robins Personal Injury Attorneys
Understanding the value of a personal injury claim takes time and experience. We have dedicated years of practice to helping clients receive full and fair compensation in personal injury and wrongful death cases. If you have been injured in a car accident, hurt by a defective product, or suffered any injury due to the negligent conduct of an individual or business, we can help you.
We have an impressive record of personal injury litigation. We can help you answer the question, “What is my case worth?”
A Professional You Can Trust
After an accident, insurance adjusters may seem eager to settle your case. If the injuries you suffered were severe, it can take time to understand the amount of compensation you will need in the future. A fast settlement offer may be a sign that the insurance company believes you are entitled to significant compensation. Insurance adjusters know many tactics to get you to accept less than your case is worth. You need a professional you can trust to guide you through the process.
Full and Fair Compensation
An injury can affect every aspect of your life. You may be entitled to compensation, including:
- Medical bills: The cost of medical care has skyrocketed in recent years. You may need money to pay for hospital stays, surgery, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medication and more.
- Pain and suffering: In addition to a wide range of economic damages, an injury can cause you pain and suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for loss of enjoyment of life, shortened life expectancy and emotional distress.
- Lost income: If you were unable to work after your accident, you may be owed compensation for the income you would have made but for the injury.
- Disability expenses: If you were permanently disabled, you may need money to pay for transportation or vehicle modifications, changes to your home and other costs of living with your disability.
- Other costs: From repairing damage to a vehicle to obtaining training to enter a new occupation more suited to your current condition, the difficulties you must overcome after an accident may entitle you to further compensation.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Case
Our firm has the financial resources and access to expert witnesses to fight for you. We know how to present a case to show the insurance company, judge and jury what you have suffered. If you need help after a personal injury accident, call 478-333-6924 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
1. How much does it cost to hire Attorney Monica Wilburn for my personal injury case?
Our Warner Robins personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means we earn no attorneys’ fee unless we recover money for you.
2. Who pays for the case expenses of a personal injury accident?
We advance all costs in the case and only recover those expenses if a settlement or verdict is obtained in your favor. You will never be asked to pay a bill out of your pocket.
3. How do I pay my medical bills prior to getting a personal injury settlement or verdict?
Being injured because of someone else’s negligence is a very unfortunate event. Most people don’t have thousands of dollars set aside to pay for unexpected doctor and hospital bills. Luckily, most people carry vehicle and homeowner’s insurance. Georgia state law requires all drivers to carry a minimum amount of insurance in order to obtain registration for their vehicle. Unfortunately, sometimes people let their insurance lapse and are therefore uninsured. Even then, you may still be entitled to recover from your own insurance company.
4. What is the value of my personal injury case?
The value of each personal injury case is different and must be evaluated separately. We take a great deal of time to conduct a proper evaluation of your case. The Law Office of Monica Wilburn has been evaluating personal injury cases and representing people for over a decade. However, you must know that there is never a guarantee of any recovery.
5. I don’t live in Middle Georgia. Can you take my personal injury case?
Monica Wilburn is licensed to practice in Georgia and California. If you live in a state where we are not licensed, we can take your case and work with local counsel. We are then admitted to that court for the purpose of litigating that particular case. We represent accident injury clients from all over the Georgia to include Warner Robin, Atlanta, Byron, Perry, Fountain Valley, Macon, Milledgeville, Hawkinsville, Cordele, Montezuma, Roberta and Albany.
6. Who will work on my case?
Lawyers, paralegals, secretaries, and private investigators work on every case. Depending upon the nature of your particular case, we also employ nurses, doctors, accountants, engineers, psychologists, and life care planners to present your particular matter. There are other specialized experts we utilize for other cases.
7. How long will it take before my case goes to trial?
Each case is different. State court dockets move faster than federal dockets. Rural venues typically move cases faster than the metropolitan courts. You can expect a case to take between one and three years to make its way to a jury. Usually, cases are concluded after eighteen months. Also, the more complex your Georgia personal injury case is, the longer it takes to prepare for trial.
8. Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
Large corporations do not like paying money. So, their normal approach is to discourage you from hiring an attorney. They hire expensive attorneys and consultants to make sure victims stay out of court and receive zero or minimal compensation. Sadly, it works – unless you have your own legal advocate who knows how to fight back. Rest assured, the Law Office of Monica Wilburn cannot be intimidated by those big corporations.
If you have an issue with an insurance company, trucking company, or any other large entity – you are not alone. We have the experience, knowledge and resources necessary to take on those large corporations, where other law firms might back away.
Many Warner Robins lawyers routinely settle without even filing a lawsuit. Our philosophy is different: We fight for you! So, we will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. If a reasonable settlement is not possible, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf.